So I have mentioned this a few times in other blog posts, but never really talked about it, so I figured I would do a post today. The RAW Series stands for Race Around Waltham, I did it in 2019 and I am signed up to do it again in 2020.
2019 requirement was to run/walk or volunteer a certain 6 races, they were…
JB Blastoff 5k
Moody St 5K
St Jude 5K
Prospect Bandit Run
Shopper’s Cafe 5K
Western Greenway 5K
I did complete all the races, and doing so, I got myself a sweet RAW Series vest and gloves. We also had a party for all the finishers and food was provided, it was quite nice. I enjoyed most of the races (I did not like the Prospect bandit run) and I walked the Western Greenway race as it was between Detroit and NYC.
For 2020, you have to run/walk or volunteer for at least 6 races (one of them HAS to be the Prospect Bandit run) ( boo to that) out of a list of 12. Here is the list
- Shifter’s 5K to benefit the Dana Farber Marathon Challenge – Saturday, April 4, 2020, www.Shifters5K.com
- JB Blastoff to benefit Brain Cancer/local family – Saturday, April 25, 2020 Pending
- Moody Street 5K to benefit Waltham public secondary schools – May 3, 2020, www.moodyst5K.com
- Saint Jude School 5K Road Race and Family Fun Walk – St. Jude School to benefit the school – May TBD, http://saintjudewaltham.com
- FitzGerald Elementary 4th Annual Fun Run/Walk – Thursday, June 18, 2020 at 6:00 pm
- Waltham YMCA – Five to Thrive – Waltham YMCA – July 25, 2020 at 9:00 am
- Prospect Bandit Run – Saturday, September 12, 2020 at 2:00 pm www.rawseries.org
- Waltham Track Mile at Leary Field benefiting Waltham HS Track and XC – Date TBD
- Mighty Squirrel 4 Miler – Sunday, September 27, 2020
- Shopper’s Cafe 5K Sponsored by Marathon Sports – September TBD
- Western Greenway 5K – October TBD
- Piggy’s 5K to benefit the Paul Logue Charitable Trust – November TBD
I have already signed up for Shifter’s, I will not be able to do JB or Moody’s this year due to OKC Memorial Marathon so the next one for me will probably be St Jude. Also, Lars is joining me in doing the series this year, his first race will be Moody St and I will be out there cheering him on. I will most likely volunteer for the Prospect Bandit run, as I don’t want to race it again. If you are local , you can easily sign up for the series, it is free, you just have to pay the race fees for each race you do. You can go to https://www.rawseries.org/ and sign up there. It’s a great way to check out Waltham and hang out with fellow runners.